Monday, September 29, 2008

Off to ATL


Not sure who heard but I recently got laid off at Wood Ways from my office position. They told me that it was a more permanent thing now and that they would stay in touch...the next day I got a call that I could come and work in the back doing all of their "crap work" that no one else really cared to do. At first I was okay with this because work is work, and I need some cash. The same day I got that call I heard from my friend Austin who has been working in Houston, Texas for the past month. He told me that a guy he worked with was quitting once they moved to Atlanta, Georgia to work and asked me if I wanted to come work with them. Sort of a drastic move but I feel like I am at a point in my life where something like this is okay to do, I'm not in school this semester and I have some time to make some serious cash. I will be getting paid significantly more than Wood Ways, and I will be gone from October 5 until around mid to end November because someone is getting married and I think I am the best man or something?! : ) I can't think of the name of the company that I will be working for but what they do is install glass partitions in offices in high rise buildings. So I think I will be right downtown Atlanta working in some big building. I will try to post some pictures on my blog to give everyone a better idea of what I am doing, because honestly as of right now I am pretty clueless. Wish me luck, pray for me...and I'll be home for Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Well, good thing you started a blog, huh! Good luck!

Bobbie Jo said...

Perfect time to do this! Good for you! We have friends that live in Hot-Lanta...maybe they could show you around.

Brad Brummel said...

well thanks :) im pretty excited...make some good cash money for a while.